Using the Wi-Fi system is by far the most popular way of surfing the internet. And why not when sitting at any place within the range of connection you can work with amazing speed. But what happens when you really do not have access to your internet, and you are on the move? Will you restrict yourself not using the internet anymore? All you need knowing how to use your cell phone as a hotspot and connecting it with your computer and travel smartly with your mobile gear. Following these steps you can turn your cell phone into a WiFi hotspot.
And if you are planning to buy new phone for better features and fast internet services, don’t dump your old phone in the trash can. Instead, recycle it to save resources and earn money for it. Many Organizations in the United States such as Pacebutler are at the leading edge of the cell phone recycling industry in America which buys consumer old phones and recycles it. You can read more to know about this veteran organization and its proven method for re-selling and recycling used cell phones.
Using Android Phones
- Go to the PdaNet site and download specific software into your computer. This software will allow you get connected to your computer with your cell phone. Here, the Wi-Fi hotspot –the cell phone- will be connecting to the internet with a Bluetooth.
- Using your android device, go to the Settings—-> Wireless and network—>Bluetooth settings and then to “Bluetooth” so that your android is discovered. Now green check on the button beside the “Bluetooth” option. Now in your computer choose “Bluetooth” so that you may see it and go to the option “Dial up Network”. Enter any number like 123 for the dial-up number.
- Now get the app PdaNet on your computer from the android market. As soon as you run this on your device you will notice it in the app folder and this app will now allow your cell phone to be transformed as your hotspot.
- Go to the PdaNet app, choose the option “Enable Bluetooth DUN” and select “Yes”. Now follow the instructions that come up. Now your device has been recognized by your computer, and this is how you have access to the internet with your Bluetooth.
- Now for your internet connection the speed will be directly proportional to the network that you have on your android device. Edge or 4G is the best way to get connected because it offers a lot of signal strength and speed.
Using Blackberry Phones
- The very first step will be downloading the driver Blackberry Desktop on your computer. This will let the PdaNet software to run your Blackberry as a hotspot and connect with a Bluetooth.
- Go to options, select “Bluetooth” option in your Blackberry and now enable the features of Bluetooth. Choose “Options”, go down to where it shows “Dial up Networking” and then uncheck this option. Again go to the “Bluetooth” settings in your computer and now choose the option “Dial up networking”. Enter 123 when a window prompts for entering the number.
- Download this app called the PdaNet. Your BlackBerry must be on the Android 4.2 OS or advanced and now run the app on your device. After this select “Enable Bluetooth DUN.”
- Now go to the internet browser, and your speed of the internet will be same as your connection on the mobile.
Using an iPhone
- Go to the Windows menu (in case of Windows OS) on the systems preferences (in case you have a Mac OS) so that your Bluetooth may connect your mobile to the computer via internet.
- Choose “Internet Tethering” at the iPhone “Settings” option and follow the pop up messages that instruct. As soon as you have connected via Bluetooth you will see the option called “Now Discoverable.”
- Choose “Use Device as a Network Port” in the iPhone settings and now choose “Add a New Bluetooth Device” in the Bluetooth settings of your computer.
- Now go to the “Wireless iAP” icon and let the two devices get connected as soon as you are done the option-”Internet Tethering.”