Using the Wi-Fi system is by far the most popular way of surfing the internet. And why not when sitting at any place within the range of connection you can work with amazing speed. But what happens when you really do not have access to your internet, and you are on the move? Will you restrict yourself not using the internet anymore? All you need knowing how to use your cell phone as a hotspot and connecting it with your computer and travel smartly with your mobile gear. Following these steps you can turn your cell phone into a WiFi hotspot.
And if you are planning to buy new phone for better features and fast internet services, don’t dump your old phone in the trash can. Instead, recycle it to save resources and earn money for it. Many Organizations in the United States such as Pacebutler are at the leading edge of the cell phone recycling industry in America which buys consumer old phones and recycles it. You can read more to know about this veteran organization and its proven method for re-selling and recycling used cell phones.
Using Android Phones
- Go to the PdaNet site and download specific software into your computer. This software will allow you get connected to your computer with your cell phone. Here, the Wi-Fi hotspot –the cell phone- will be connecting to the internet with a Bluetooth.
- Using your android device, go to the Settings—-> Wireless and network—>Bluetooth settings and then to “Bluetooth” so that your android is discovered. Now green check on the button beside the “Bluetooth” option. Now in your computer choose “Bluetooth” so that you may see it and go to the option “Dial up Network”. Enter any number like 123 for the dial-up number.
- Now get the app PdaNet on your computer from the android market. As soon as you run this on your device you will notice it in the app folder and this app will now allow your cell phone to be transformed as your hotspot.
- Go to the PdaNet app, choose the option “Enable Bluetooth DUN” and select “Yes”. Now follow the instructions that come up. Now your device has been recognized by your computer, and this is how you have access to the internet with your Bluetooth.
- Now for your internet connection the speed will be directly proportional to the network that you have on your android device. Edge or 4G is the best way to get connected because it offers a lot of signal strength and speed.
Using Blackberry Phones
- The very first step will be downloading the driver Blackberry Desktop on your computer. This will let the PdaNet software to run your Blackberry as a hotspot and connect with a Bluetooth.
- Go to options, select “Bluetooth” option in your Blackberry and now enable the features of Bluetooth. Choose “Options”, go down to where it shows “Dial up Networking” and then uncheck this option. Again go to the “Bluetooth” settings in your computer and now choose the option “Dial up networking”. Enter 123 when a window prompts for entering the number.
- Download this app called the PdaNet. Your BlackBerry must be on the Android 4.2 OS or advanced and now run the app on your device. After this select “Enable Bluetooth DUN.”
- Now go to the internet browser, and your speed of the internet will be same as your connection on the mobile.
Using an iPhone
- Go to the Windows menu (in case of Windows OS) on the systems preferences (in case you have a Mac OS) so that your Bluetooth may connect your mobile to the computer via internet.
- Choose “Internet Tethering” at the iPhone “Settings” option and follow the pop up messages that instruct. As soon as you have connected via Bluetooth you will see the option called “Now Discoverable.”
- Choose “Use Device as a Network Port” in the iPhone settings and now choose “Add a New Bluetooth Device” in the Bluetooth settings of your computer.
- Now go to the “Wireless iAP” icon and let the two devices get connected as soon as you are done the option-”Internet Tethering.”
As a tech geek, I find myself wondering what will be the new gadget to allow us to be more efficient in our lives. From business to play, it seems as if Apple and its competitors are constantly one upping each other in hopes to be the winner in a never ending battle of technocracy. I find myself getting excited over new technology only to quickly try and figure out how we can improve it.
iRobot has done just that with the announcement of the Ava 500. iRobot, best known for its autonomous Roomba vacuum, is making an attempt to change the way in which we communicate via video-conferencing. It seems as if they felt video-conferencing had too many limitations and there had to be a way to make it better. In the very near future, we will no longer be confined to a screen. Instead you will be able to embody a robot that allows you to stroll through a building to inspect things at close range.
iRobot formed an alliance with Cisco to create this device that will allow us to hold video conferences while remaining mobile. This device is equipped with the Cisco Telepresence EX60 telepresence system. With dimensions of 5’5 the iRobot is basically a two way screen.
With this new development you will no longer have to make a physical appearance to tour a building or observe, well, anything.
- Cisco Aironet 1600 Series wireless technology for communication
- Wifi 3G or 4G Connectivity available
- Advanced sensor that consists of laser, sonar as well as 2D and 3D imaging
- Cliff sensors and contact bumpers
- Voice, gesture and touch controls
- Autonomous charge
- Interface that is similar to the iPad
- Open application programming
- 360 degree movement capabilities
- 21.5 inch HD screen
- Autonomous mobility
- Better audio and video
- More reliable and secure than existing video-conferencing such as skype
- Reduce business travel expenses
At this point, the only con we can foresee is the cost. However, the price has yet to be listed so we are unsure of how negative that is actually going to be. What we tell you is its counterpart the RP-VITA which is used in the medical industry is a hefty $6,000 a month to lease. If the number is anywhere close to the RP-VITA, I really hope you have taken advantage of savings best interest rates on savings accounts. You may need that high yield account to keep afloat if you plan on making this type of purchase.
There are, of course, other options if you are a business owner who finds it difficult to conduct all of your business confined in one space. For example, if you have the best credit cards for small businesses to fund this extremely high tech computer you may find the minimal interest rate and lack of additional travel helps to balance the cost.
Even if you find this to be slightly ridiculous you have to admit that it is pretty cool. Stay tuned for more as the Ava 500 will be demonstrated at the InfoComm 2013 conference in Orlando, Florida later this month. It’s schedule release date is not exact but you can expect to see it sometime early in 2014.
ASUS has unveiled the new RT-N12HP Wireless-N300 high-power router. The Wi-Fi router is equipped with a built-in signal amplifier, offering a true 300% increase in wireless transmit power over a standard 802.11n wireless router. The RT-N12HP features detachable 9dBi antennas, a user-friendly interface and supports up to four separate networks, with different bandwidth and access privileges. Unfortunately, there is no info on pricing or availability so far. [ASUS]
LG Electronics has decided to release its huge 84-inch Ultra Definition TV, LG UD 84LM9600, in the U.S. market. This gigantic LED display features a native “ultra definition” (UD) screen resolution of 3840 x 2160, which is four times the level of detail from full 1080p HD resolution. Additional features include WiDi, LG’s Smart TV, dual core L9 processor and Magic Remote. The LG UD 84LM9600 is expected to be available in October 2012 at an MSRP of $19,999.99. [Press Release]
The Denon MC2000 DJ controller is designed specifically for the included Serato DJ intro software. The Serato DJ Intro includes popular professional DJ solutions, Scratch Live and ITCH. This software enables for traditional two deck mixing of digital music files from a computer. Using the Denon MC2000 DJ controller, you can mix music like a pro. Watch the video after the jump. Read more